Monday, October 17, 2005

mmm, foot tastes good.

The other day, one of my roommates was telling me about a great deal on a pair of shoes. He wanted to buy casual black shoes. He shopped around and didn't really find anything he liked. Exhausted and frustrated, he wandered into Marshall's for one last try. And -- ta da da da -- he found the perfect pair of shoes on the CLEARANCE RACK! Isn't it so great when that happens? You find exactly what you want, and it's super cheap! He kept saying how cheap the shoes were, etc. Then he said "Oh, I'll get the shoes and show them to you."

So he did. They were um, nice. Men's shoes all look the same to me. My roommate said, very enthusiastically:

"Guess how much they were? Guess! You'll never guess."

I said "I don't know..."

"Guess!"

I mean, he kept saying they were on CLEARANCE so I ventured, "I don't know, $30?"

He looked crestfallen. "Oh man! You just ruined it for me. That's no fun. Come on man, they were $43."

Oops. I should've realized that I was on a slippery slope once I let a number out of my mouth. Seriously though. Whenever I'm that excited about a deal - it's because I found something that was worth $100 for $1.99. Like, "Guess how much my shirt cost? Don't mind the mismatched sleeves or flammable material. Guess! 50 cents! That's right, my shirt only cost 50 CENTS!"

THAT is when you brag about getting a deal. FYI, I'm totally the person who would guess $1 on the Price Is Right. Or, if someone did it before I did, I'm the person who would guess $2. Don't you just hate that person? But secretly you LOVE them.

No comments: