Monday, October 03, 2005

hotbox

A friend of mine had an engagement party this past weekend. Another soldier down. Just joking - she looked amazing, her fiance is terrific, and I had a great time at the party.

I came back to Boston yesterday. Fortunately, my friend N. was heading back as well and we took the bus together. About halfway through the ride, she leaned over to me and whispered "Do you smell pot?"

I sniffed (but didn't inhale!). No, I didn't smell pot. A few minutes later, the purple haze rose and I definitely detected the eau du reefer. N indicated that the guy sitting in the seat across the aisle from her had been in the bathroom for quite some time. He was making the bus bathroom a hotbox!

We couldn't stop laughing. Only on the Fung Wah bus, people, could someone get up and light up in the bathroom and not give a second thought to getting caught. And that INCLUDES the paranoia that comes with the experience. How I love thee, ghetto Chinatown bus.

Our neighbor finally exited the bathroom and reclaimed his seat. He was so obviously high. And he reeked of ... soap. He tried to wash the scent off, but it wasn't happening. Now he just smelled like someone who smoked up in the shower.

I had bought a box of Entenmann's Chocolate Chip Cookies for the ride, and briefly considered offering them to him, since he presumably had the munchies. But I didn't.

After I got home, I unpacked and settled down to watch Desperate Housewives. What better way to relax than a soapy drama? Toward the end of the show, I decided to indulge in some chocolate chip goodness and ate some cookies. After the show ended, I called my best friend to chat. 15 minutes into our conversation, my stomach did a somersault. And then another one. Luckily, since it was my best friend on the phone, I didn't have to mince words. I interrupted her mid-sentence and said "Babe, I gotta go puke and will call you back."

The cookies made me vomit. Stupid Entenmanns! Another aside (and probably TMI). I throw up very violently. It's like a Jerry Bruckheimer film. Whenever I experience reverse peristalsis (hah!), it is accompanied by minor petechial hemorrhage. That is a fancy way of saying some capillaries in my face burst and I look like I have two black eyes.

Bottom line: The pothead smokes and goes to sleep. I get the munchies and look like I was in a gangfight. Sweet irony.

*~*~

Ali G. "What are the effects of marijuana?"
DEA Official: "Well, it makes you lazy, sleepy. You lose focus..."
Ali G. "Yes, but wot are the negative side effects?"

(paraphrasing of course ... I couldn't find a script of this episode, but it was hilarious.)

Booyakasha.

No comments: