Friday, May 21, 2004

with friends like these ...

After the initial post of The Sophia Chronicles, I admit I was curious to see my friends' reactions to the site. And true to form, they came through in the two camps I have come to know and love.

Camp 1: Consistently Supportive
Camp 2: Perpetually Making Fun of Me for my Dorkiness

Actually, there are only two people who fall into Camp 2. Hello Campers! I hate you. No, no, I'm just kidding. (But seriously, stop, because I go home and cry).

Camp 1's reactions surprised me a bit though. The feedback all included references to the cuteness of the site. And several people also commented about the pinkness (and how cute it is that the site is pink.)

Thanks for the support guys! Although, I never really planned on my site being cute. I feel like the site should be scented. With baby powder. And decorated with pictures of fairies.

Enough joking around (or being a dork, Camp 2). Today is my last day of work! Quite anticlimactic actually. I don't have much to do. My monthly MetroCard expired today. What a coincidence. I forgot that today is the day it expires. The turnstyle rejected me, and the lady behind me uttered some not-so-nice words since I put a glitch into her perfectly timed morning. But yes, my MetroCard expired. As did my corporate life. Goodbye!

Today is also the day I get my SELF magazine in the mail (I remember because last month, I got my first issue of SELF, and I thought, hey, how funny, my MetroCard expired today.)

I don't know why I subscribe to SELF magazine. I don't work out. But everytime I read SELF, it makes me want to work out. And it makes me feel healthy. They have this thing they do every year called the SELF challenge. It challenges the readers to start a workout routine. You can do it ladies! Workout with a friend! You are strong independent women! They even include a workout and meal diary in the issue, where you can record what you ate and when you worked out. And damn if I don't rip it out every month and plan on doing it.

And then I remember. I like greasy food and being lazy. Oh well. Let's see if tonight's SELF has any new tricks to get me to be active. Jessica Simpson is on the cover. How inspiring.



No comments: