Friday, December 15, 2006

dissection

Hello All.

Per some friendly prodding, I am back to pontificate and procrastinate.

I apologize for not writing in a while. Who would have thought med school was so time consuming? Actually, it's not even the time consuming element that has prevented me from writing too much. Med school just isn't terribly amusing. Interesting? Yes. Challenging? Definitely. Intermittent spurts of uproarious laughter? Not so much.

So far school is great. Anatomy was a bit of a challenge - we have a new curriculum which tried to have us learn all of anatomy in 7 weeks. Suffice to say, that didn't go over too well. I also became very frustrated at the archaic naming of muscles in the body. Why do people make things so much more difficult than they need to be? In a particularly prolonged rant to some classmates, I decided to break with tradition and started naming my own muscles. Here is a dictionary:

Bicips brachii = Armus bendus
Anal spinchter = Poopus stoppus
Latissimus dorsi = Backus flexus
Gastrocnemius = High heelius sexius

You get the idea.

*~*~

A few weeks ago I went to the Harvard Yale football game. Talk about sad. While I had a great time seeing friends and tailgating, I have to admit that the alumni representation left something to be desired. Here is a picture of the Class of 2000 / 2001 joint tailgate:



I am amused as to how they took extra-special effort to designate this the "official" tailgate. Some things are better left inconspicuous.


*~*~

I had gone apple picking a while ago. Apparently some people need help with the concept:



Also, someone snapped this infamous photo of me ... and appropriately labeled it "The Greatest Auntie Shot of All Time."
So there you go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, i swear i tried to post a comment twice before, and it just magically vanished each time! strange! anyhoo, yay for the updates!! now my friday is complete. that last picture is HIGHlarious...your expression is just classic. and btw, your hair got super long since i saw a pic of it last! if you are in the lawn guyland/nyc area during break, let me know via email, scorps1027@yahoo.com. i'd love to see the auntie antics in person and have a reunion!